Sunday, June 14, 2009

Natural Hiking At The Tandy Hills Natural Area & Whataburger

Apparently today is Au Naturel Day in Texas. So, after this morning's refreshing skinnydipping and way too much time clacking on a keyboard, and even though the Heat Index was 92, I decided that it was likely that the Tandy Hills had dried out from our recent deluge, so I went to the Tandy Hills Natural Area for some natural hiking.

It was HOT. The humidity has dropped, so it was not quite as HOT as yesterday. At noon, on a Sunday, when it's this hot, you have the Tandy Hills to yourself. Except for noisy birds.

I saw a few diehard wildflowers today, but most of the color has left the prairie.

A long time ago I blogged about Whataburger after Alma, the Songbird of the Texas Gulf Coast, sent me a disturbing email about her Whataburger experience. The last few days I've been getting rather detailed comments from Whataburger employees, pretty much guaranteeing that I am never going to ever experience what a burger Whatburger makes.

Speaking of lunch, mine is done. Time to eat it. Talk to you later.

No comments: