Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett: A Pop King & Queen Gone

I turned on the TV during lunch to find myself quickly feeling sad to learn that Farrah had died. This was not too shocking to me. Farrah's condition was well known. I liked Farrah Fawcett a lot, going back even before her Charlie's Angels days, when I first saw her in the bizarre movie Myra Breckenridge.

And then in the last hour to first hear Michael Jackson had gone into cardiac arrest, then a coma, then when I click on a news website I see that the King of Pop is dead.

I'm sad about Farrah due to thinking she really was one extremely special woman who suffered a miserable last couple years. I'm feeling bad about Michael Jackson due to thinking what a sad life he lived. He had no one who could tell him no. No, Michael, you do not need to have your face altered, you look fine.

Sad day. Hopefully this bumps the governor of South Carolina off the TV screens.

3 comments:

The Winepunk said...

I've never been a big fan of little boy diddlers, but I have to admit MJ made some enduring music...I remember catching a cab with some friends in Puerto Vallarta once when we were too drunk to drive and the cabbie had a cassette tape of Killer...we sang it loud and long with cheap speakers turned up to 11...and the cabbie knew all the words even though he didn't speak English...anyways, RIP Michael.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Heart sank today, first hearing about Farah and then Michael. These were icons I grew up with and I feel that some part of my history has died. I loved Farah in The Burning Bed movie, always as a kid...loved that she was the bionic man's wife...and when my girlfriend's and I played Charlie's Angels...I was always Farah.

As for Michael, I remember watching him perform Billy Jean...seeing the floor light up under his feet...I sat there jaw dropped and totally amazed. It was incredulous...that someone could sing and dance like that.

I will admit...my eyes watered today.

twister said...

I see what you did there.