Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grapevine, Bonnie & Clyde & American Idol Auditions in Arlington

I have been all over Texas the past several days. It is starting to sort of exhaust me. This morning I did not go far, just up to Grapevine. Grapevine is a very nice little town. Grapevine is where Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is located.

A lot of things in this zone are not located in the place their name would indicate. Like this morning there are people in Arlington all in a huff because American Idol has been advertising auditions soon to take place in the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. In Dallas. Where there are many attractions to visit.

Somehow the people in Arlington thought that since they helped pay for the stadium, that it was theirs to be associated with. The people of Arlington should have consulted with the people of Irving to learn how it actually works out when you build Dallas a new stadium for their football team.

Today, while visiting Grapevine, I learned that Bonnie & Clyde did a couple of their murders there, killing 2 young motorcycle cops, E.B. Wheeler and H.D. Murphy. I think the actual murders may have taken place in what is now Southlake. I believe there is a historical marker.

I don't know if I'm going to go anywhere else in Texas today. I need a break. Yesterday I went to Fredericksburg, in two places, here and here. That is too much Fredericksburg for one day.

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Bonnie and Clyde...two people that loved each other and their careers...immensely. Fredericksburg seems to be a picturesque little town...are you sure you don't need some company on these day trips? Ya know, just to fill the gas tank up or wash the windows...;)

Durango said...

Thank you for your kind offer of assistance. Since most of these trips are virtual, little gas is burned, and no windows need cleaning. However, should a need arise, like needing someone to carry my stuff to the top of Mount Guadalupe, I will take you up on your offer!

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Durango's pack mule? Nice...