Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tandy Hills Jungle Hike With 2 New Wildflowers

It was only about 90, with a breeze, when I hiked the trails at the Tandy Hills Natural Area today, around noon. It is being a bit humid. When I'd stop and set up my camera, to document me walking through the Tandy Hills Jungle, I got instantly drenched in natural cooling moisture.

Very refreshing.

The Tandy Hills Waterfall has totally dried up. Jammin Mole has never seen a waterfall. She is coming to Fort Worth next month for a class reunion at the Fort Worth Stockyards. I think her class had something like 11 students, with one of them being Gar the Texan.

Gar the Texan was the top student in his class, with Jammin Mole being #2. I think they went to Wink High School. I may be wrong. Sometimes I don't pay sufficient attention and so I don't retain information very well. If your class has only 11 people in it, I really don't know if that means much of anything to be #1. That's being a Big Fish in a really really little pond.

Since Wink High School is in Wink, which is way out in West Texas, near New Mexico, I don't understand why a class reunion would be hundreds of miles to the east. It's very perplexing, but really none of my business. I only mention it because I have nothing else to talk about.
I thought seeing new wildflowers was over for the year. As I often am, I was wrong. I saw two new ones today. Both were seen in only one location. The purple one was real delicate looking, like an orchid. It looked like something that would sprout from a bulb, like a tulip.

The other new wildflower was a white and purple striped stalk, in a group of several dozen stalks.

So, that's been my exciting Saturday in Texas, so far. In the pool early, then visiting and webpaging Tyler, Texas, then hiking the Tandy Hills Jungle and seeing two new wildflowers. I am easy to entertain.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

...there were 22 in the class ;) jammin mole

Durango said...

Sorry about that erroneous number. Well, 22. That totally alters everything I had to say.......