Monday, June 15, 2009

Swimming & Hiking All Over Big Bend Country

I got up a bit early this morning, about 5. Then after my early morning skinnydip I turned into a webpage making machine til about noon.

I have not gotten around to getting my bike wheel fixed, so my only aerobic outlet is on my feet. I don't go roller blading when it gets over 90. I've had too many incidents.

The humidity has dropped a bit from yesterday, so I did not overheat as much as I did yesterday, whilst hiking the Tandy Hills Natural Area. All the rain from a few days ago has really amped up the jungle-like foliage in parts of the Tandy Hills. My camouflage cargo shorts almost blend in with the jungle.

I mentioned earlier that I had gotten back to a project I started a long time ago, that being webpaging The Regions of Texas. It's a daunting task. Currently I am in Big Bend Country. Some call this West Texas.

Today I have been to Alpine, Balmorhea, the Big Bend National Park Area, Del Rio , El Paso, Fort Davis, Marfa and Wink. Like I said, it's exhausting.

I'm off to Fort Stockton now and Paisano Pete, he being the world's largest roadrunner.

No comments: