Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Early Morning Texas Tequila Sunrise Swim

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

I don't think Ben knew what he was talking about.

I went to bed real early last night. I was exhausted. The early to bed thing had me up early, way too early, as in 3 am early.

I got up, got coffee, got on the computer and clacked on the keyboard for awhile. About half past 5, even though it was quite dark outside, I decided to go swimming.

Paddling about in water while the sun gradually turns on the light is a good thing.

The most spectacular sunrise I have ever experienced was at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. A lot of people make sure they get up in time to watch this, cameras ready. It's like a colorful light show as the sun comes over the horizon gradually casting more and more light onto the canyon walls.

So, it isn't even 8 in the morning yet and I feel like I've already had myself a day. Since it is Thursday I guess I'll be hiking around the Tandy Hills when it gets HOT. Which today, supposedly, will be 100 degrees HOT. I'll see if that is still the forecast. Nope. 95 is now the predicted high for today. 98 tomorrow. No 100s in the forecast. For now.

I suspect I will be going to bed early again tonight, and that by the end of this day I will be no healthier, wealthier or wiser than I am right now. Ben Franklin also thought the turkey should be America's national bird, instead of the eagle. Clearly, the man had some clinkers in his thinker.

No comments: