Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Two More Earthquakes Hit Cleburne Texas

Yesterday, late in the afternoon, I blogged about a 3rd earthquake shaking Cleburne, Texas, Monday morning, that I did not learn of til Tuesday.

Little did I know, even as I was typing the blogging about Monday's Cleburne quake, that quake #4 was shaking Cleburne with a 2.6 magnitude that shook at 5:16.

The 5:16 pm shaker prompted city officials to call an emergency meeting to hire a geologist to investigate the quakes and their possible cause being the fracturing of the Barnett Shale.

About an hour before the emergency meeting another quake struck at 6:19 pm at 2.1 magnitude.

The mayor of Cleburne, Ted Reynolds, said residents want to know if the earthquakes are related to natural gas drilling in town. I want to know if it is what is causing all the water leaks oozing out of the ground

No comments: