Monday, June 1, 2009

Miscellaneous Monday Bread Dough Kneading In Fort Worth

We've had a cold front blow in. It's only 85, right now, coming up on 3 pm at my location in the far eastern zone of Fort Worth.

It did not seem very chilly when I did my crack of dawn swim. I think if I keep up the swimming I'll soon have my minor case of obesity under control.

Towards that end I went hiking at my favorite hiking spot around noon, that being the Tandy Hills Natural Area. It being warm, it was a hike half au naturel type of day.

This morning Washington's Reigning Scrabble Queen mentioned that her personal trainer had made her sore all over. I don't quite remember the context, but somehow that caused me to mention that this strange, difficult to do, yoga exercise, that I'd been doing for a couple months, had given me those 6 pack ab things that I thought were supposed to require a lot of bother to acquire.

Besides that 6 pack deal, making the core zone way stronger seems to have had useful improving effect on both biking and hiking. And walking up stairs. And other areas that are not the type details I'll be talking about in this venue.

I told the Scrabble Queen that I thought the name of the yoga posture had bread in it. Maybe it was something like the Kneading Bread Posture. She's Googling to try and find it. I can see why it might be called Kneading Bread because when you get it working right the motion going on in your stomach zone does sort of looking like bread dough being worked.

So, that's my day today, so far, in Fort Worth, swimming, hiking and kneading bread dough. And spending too much time at the computer.

No comments: