Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Morning Storming In Texas

That's the 8am view out my patio window this morning. About a half hour before that picture was taken I started hearing rumbling from the west. I went outside to see ominous clouds advancing this way.

And then the downpour started. It's now almost an hour later and it's still downpouring.

WeatherBug went off with a Flash Flood Warning. I suspect this may have a certain Haltom City resident leaving work to head home to keep and eye on that Fossil Creek that vexes her.

I never can remember the exact name, Big Fossil, Little Fossil, plain old just Fossil, I don't know. All I know for sure is those creeks can turn into flash floods that wreak havoc with people's lives and homes and about which the local government does nothing to help fix the flood problem, except for going ahead with a Pork Barrel Project called the Trinity River Vision that seeks to see Fort Worth have a little lake, some canals and an unneeded flood control diversion channel to replace huge levees that are already doing the job.

The power just flickered and turned on my back up.

I can see this is going to be a weather-related exercise-lite day. The pool is being shocked, so no swimming this morning. The Tandy Hills and River Legacy Park will be unhikable and unbikable til it dries out again.

No comments: