Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wide Open Country Thinks The Trinity River One Of Best Texas Places To Float


This morning on Facebook I saw a post from a website called Wide Open Country with a link to the 7 Best Places to go Floating in Texas.

Among the multiple Facebookers making comments about the best places to go floating in Texas was the following....

Reis Gladson You couldn't pay me to get in the Trinity River!! The rest of them are clean and spring fed.


After reading the above comment I clicked on the link to the website, thinking to myself that there is no way that any sort of respectable publication would tell its readers that floating in the Trinity River was a good thing to be doing. Let alone publicize America's Biggest Boondoggle's Rockin' the River Happy Hour Inner Tube Floats.

Well, I thought wrong.

The Boondoggle's floating beer parties are number 6 on the list, as you can see above.

I hope this article's suggestion that floating in the Trinity River is a good thing to be doing doesn't cause some innocent tourist to come to the D/FW zone expecting to have a crystal clear river water experience such as can be had in the other Texas rivers on this list of seven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'You couldn't pay me to get I the Trinity' is what most locals say, but apparently you can pay a magazine to say it?