Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Spencer Jack And Grandma Cindy Trying To Make America Great Again

I really don't know what to make of this which showed up in my email this morning.

Spencer Jack in the grasp of his Grandma Cindy wearing a baseball cap with Donald Trump's demented "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" slogan.

Spencer Jack's dad, my Favorite Nephew Jason, is a progressive liberal sort. All the Joneses are liberal progressive sorts except for the Black Sheep Jones who barely made it out of high school. I think there are two, maybe three of those.

Spencer Jack's Grandma Cindy used to be married to one of the Jones boys.

I do not know if Grandma Cindy has somehow turned into a reactionary right wing racist bigoted who has turned Spencer Jack into a Trump-er.

I suspect not.

My best guess is that when Spencer Jack took his dad to the Trump Rally in Lynden, Washington, a month or two or three ago, that baseball cap was purchased from one of the bizarro vendors of Trump paraphernalia which sprout up like mold outside Trump Rallys.

And that Spencer Jack wearing that baseball cap is intended to be some sort of twisted irony.

I have no way of knowing if Grandma Cindy's use of the V sign is meant to be the Hippie Peace Sign version or the Churchillian Nixonian V for Victory version.

It just occurred to me that if America was not already sufficiently Great, that having a nation where all the kids were as Great as Spencer Jack, well, that would make America Great Again, eventually....

No comments: