Thursday, June 16, 2016

Spencer Jack Stalked By Yellowstone Buffalo

Checking email this morning I found multiple emails from Spencer Jack and his dad with multiple pictures of Spencer Jack in Yellowstone.

Including a video of Spencer Jack being stalked by a big buffalo, well, big bison is the word Spencer Jack used for the big beast chasing him.

When I watched the video I did not know what I was looking at because it was upside down. So I upside righted it in Windows Movie Maker and then YouTubed it.

You can watch that video below.

That is not Spencer Jack behind the wheel of a 1965 Mustang Fastback talking to a bear.

That is me behind the wheel of my first car, acquired when I was a junior in high school. That car took me to a lot of places all over the west.

On this particular trip to Yellowstone at some point I saw the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. That is one spectacular  canyon, I said. And then said, let's continue south and go see the more well known Grand Canyon. Before arriving at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon we checked out Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon. Lots of canyons on that particular roadtrip. Knew nothing about Bryce or Zion at the time. And so that was great fun discovering those two national parks, almost topped by seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time.

It has been a few decades since I've seen the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, but I am fairly certain that is what is behind Spencer Jack in the picture below.


I am also fairly certain that Spencer Jack and his dad won't be heading south on this trip to go see the other Grand Canyon.

I have not been to Yellowstone since the year before wildfires burned a large area of the park back late in the previous century.

Are there still a lot of bears allowed in Yellowstone? On our first family vacation roadtrip to Yellowstone, a long time ago, we saw dozens upon dozens of bears.

Below you can watch Spencer Jack and his dad being chased by a buffalo....

No comments: