Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tandy Hills Prairie Sky Star Party In Sick City


I miss little about Sick City. Mostly I am relieved to no longer breathe the polluted atmosphere which hovers over Fort Worth, in more ways than one.

This morning incoming from Don Young put me in mind of the one thing I do miss about Sick City.

The Tandy Hills.

I like this Prairie Sky Star Party concept. I think if I were still in the neighborhood this would be one Tandy Hills event I could see myself attending.

Details from the Don of the Tandy Hills, Don Young....

Fort Worth Astronomical Society's Moving to Tandy Hills Natural Area Monthly Star Party

WHO:
Friends of Tandy Hills Natural Area is hosting the Fort Worth Astronomical Society

WHAT:
Tandy Hills Prairie Sky/Star Party: Astronomy - Community Engagement

After many years at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, the well-attended, monthly public star parties presented by the Fort Worth Astronomical Society (FWAS) have moved to Tandy Hills Natural Area.

Established in 1949, FWAS is one of the first adult amateur astronomy clubs formed in the country and one of the largest with more than 200 active members. Members will have several telescopes set up at Tandy Hills for viewing the night sky.

Free & open to the public. All ages welcome.

WHEN:
Second Saturday of every month beginning, July 9th, dark-thirty

WHERE:
Tandy Hills Natural Area, 3400 View Street, Fort Worth, TX 76103

No comments: