Monday, July 21, 2008

A Barnett Shale Victim's Comment

Chesapeake Energy energetic propaganda campaign has many components, one being that they have people monitoring what's being said about them on the Internet. One of their shills then sends out rather off subject boilerplate comments that are actually rather amusing. Though that is not Chesapeake's intent.

In June I got a comment from a Chesapeake Energy shill. He/She said I had a slog of a blog. I took this as a compliment.

Today someone calling himself "shalevictim1" commented on the Chesapeake Slog of a Blog blogging.

Below is the comment.

"I live with the Barnett Shale every day and the only good thing is the money....while it lasts. Tomorrow morning I will again confront the pipeline crew that is cutting down trees on my land, when the lying landman said they would not. I have a lot of experience and if anyone wants to hear about it and know what they are in for then reply and I will unload. Keep in mind we have been run off of our home by gas lift compressor noise.....no not the temporary drill or frac noise...the perminent drone of the diesel gas lifter."

2 comments:

TXsharon said...

Chesapeake and their PR agent, Ackerman Mcqueen, spend all day every day on my blog. You'd think they had better things to do. They might want to cut down a little bit and only check it once or twice a day like their lawyers do.

Anonymous said...

We too know the damage to the evironment that those compressor stations cause, but I think everyone else is just finding out - Fort Worth is scrambling to update their noise ordinances to deal with them. Unless you are dealing with an airport, I don't think there are many noise ordiances that anticipated the constant roar 24/7 of a compressor station that can be heard two miles away. You can try to keep their rigs out of your city, but good luck trying to keep their loud permanent noise out of your back yard when they locate a compressor station just outside your city limits. The EOG Resources compressor station just outside of Mansfield's city limits in Johnson county may be a good example of this.