Friday, July 18, 2008

Pull Up Your Pants

For those of you who live in other parts of America, like the West Coast, for instance, you'd be shocked by what parts of this part of America look like.

I was at a location today in south Fort Worth, near Interstate 35. Heading east of I-35 on either Seminary, Rosedale, Berry or Lancaster, you'll go through some sections of Fort Worth that could be used as movie sets representing 3rd, 4th or 5th World Nations. Til I moved to Texas, the only other place I've seen things like this, is in Mexico.

So, I was driving along, enjoying the scenery, imagining I was in another country, far far away, when the above amusing billboard popped into view.

"Grandma says: Pull 'Em Up!" The billboard also says "HipHopGovernment.org." I went to that website and was assaulted by rap music. I don't quite get the connection of that website to Grandma and the pants.

I don't know if this wearing your pants halfway to your knees thing is just a Texas fad or if it's plaguing the rest of the country as well. It looks so inconvenient having your pants off your butt. It makes the person sort of waddle. Are they proud of their underwear and want to show it off? Is that what it's about?

Last week I was out on my resident Puerto Rican's balcony and we saw a guy walk by with his pants down, totally exposing his very nice boxers. They appeared to be silk. So, the Puerto Rican told me that earlier that week she'd been driving Boca Raton. That's a street near here. And these two guys were working on a car, when one of the guy's pants fell down. He had no underwear on. And he could not quickly pull his pants back up because he was holding onto to something critical to the car repair. So, the Puerto Rican got a good long look at the guy's bare butt. She said it was traumatic. It was not a butt you'd wanna be looking at, she said. Fat and flabby. The opposite of yours, she said.

No comments: