Sunday, July 13, 2008

Miss Universe Drives Miss Puerto Rico Nuts

One of the first times I was visiting my local Puerto Rican it was the night of the Miss Universe contest. I did not realize those Miss Universe Miss America things still took place.

But, my local Miss Puerto Rico acted as if it was the Olympics or a Presidential election. Well, that night, Miss Puerto Rico won. Even though it was late, Miss Puerto Rico called her mother, on the island, so they could celebrate together. This was the first time it crossed my mind that this person may be nuts.

Well, tonight is the Miss Universe Pageant. It's on NBC. Live from Viet Nam. Apparently Third, Fourth and Fifth World countries have revived this thing, as in it's a big deal to them. Some really poor countries can not afford the entry fee. Like Armenia and Nepal.

My local Miss Puerto Rico is certain Miss Puerto Rico, Ingrid Rivera, is going to win. Bookies pick Miss Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza, to win. Miss Venezuela vexes my local Miss Puerto Rico due to her being from Hugo Chavez's country and some remarks Miss Venezuela made about it being unfair for other countries to have to compete against women from her country due to their over abundance of beauty. Or something like that. Miss Puerto Rico can sometimes lose something in the translation.

Miss Puerto Rico insists I watch the Miss Universe thing with her tonight. That is not going to happen.

Below is video of Miss Venezuela. I hope she beats Miss Puerto Rico. I hope Miss Puerto Rico does not read my blog. She's got a nasty temper.

No comments: