Monday, July 21, 2008

Sleepless In Tacoma

Yesterday whilst up in the air I drank a lot of Coke. As you, of course, know from reading every word in my Blog.

I'd been up since 5am Sunday morning. I'd gone on a long walk about noon. I'd flown for over 6 hours. When I landed in Washington it was 9:25pm Pacific Time. I'm usually in bed by that time Central Time.

By the time I got to Tacoma it was 10pm, midnight by my internal clock. When I got to my current location I unpacked and set up my computer.

I wasn't feeling sleepy, so I figured I'd take a sleeping pill (Unisom) and blog about my experience with Love Field and Southwest Airlines. I should have been sleepy. But I did drink all that Coke. And there are stimulants added to Coke. Well, a stimulant, as in caffeine.

Soon it was way past midnight. I wasn't sleepy, but I went to bed. I got cold, even though there were several blankets on top of me. I got up and found a thick comforter. This in the middle of summer. It's colder in here than I keep it with A/C in Texas.

Sometime past 3am I fell asleep for a bit. It is now 6am. I got up, turned on the coffee maker. Then I got chased by a pair of poodles. So, I went outside with them. And the air smelled like Christmas trees. I tell you, one of the many good things about living in Texas, is to be away from Washington for awhile and to return to be amazed at how good it smells, how sparkling clean it looks. And this summer, with no drought, it's very green.

I hope I can sleep tonight. In the meantime I'll be doing some poodle walking and some Lulu walking. And find a blackberry milkshake somewhere.

No comments: