Friday, June 1, 2012

Walking With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts To The Blue Bayou Worrying About The Milky Way Andromeda Galaxy Crash

I am almost 100% certain my location on the planet was rain-free, last night, for the first in three nights.

I know with 100% certainty that this morning my swimming was totally free of a downpour, unlike the previous morning.

I am also almost 100% certain that my favorite hill hiking zone is likely still in dry out mode from our recent deluges.

So, today I got my mid-day salubrious endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation by chasing the Native American ghosts who haunt Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

As you can see, via the above picture, the Village Creek Blue Bayou has been re-charged by the recent deluges and was glowing, today, with a very appealing shade of reflective blue.

Changing the subject from Village Creek and its ghosts to other celestial issues.

I was shocked, moments ago, to learn, via FOX NEWS online, that, due to data acquired over the past several years, from the Hubble Telescope, those whose job it is to figure out such things have determined that the Milky Way Galaxy, of which Earth is a part, and the Andromeda Galaxy, are on a collision course, speeding towards each other at something like 250,000 mph.

That's fast.

I was seriously concerned til I got to the part of the article that said the collision won't happen for about 4 billion more years, and will take several billion years to complete. And won't result in the destruction of our solar system. After the Galactic wreck our solar system will keep on spinning. But it will be moved to a new location in the Universe, with an entirely new night sky to look at.

So, I guess I don't need to be concerned about any of my great great great great grandkids til a few million more generations generate.

That's a relief.

No comments: