Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Green Grows On The Dried Out Burned Tandy Hills While Rosie The Rat Dog Looks For Gold In The Yukon

For an hour or two, during the pre-dawn darkness of Friday morning, a lot of rain fell at my location.

I went to the Tandy Hills today expecting to find a muddy prairie. I figured I could navigate the main trail in from View Street and have myself a little walking time.

Well.

I don't know if any of Friday morning's downpour poured down on the Tandy Hills. I found no mud no matter where I hiked on the hills.

So, I was able to have myself some good endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation.

In the picture you are looking at some green sprouting from the burned area that was torched a few weeks ago by a lightning strike or an arson.

Changing the subject from arson to the Yukon.

Rosie the Rat Dog and her Entourage have made it to the capital of the Yukon Territory, Whitehorse. You can go to Rosie the Rat Dog's Alaska! Blog to see what things Rosie is seeing and doing in the Yukon. Things like milk, gold and beer. To me the Yukon Territory looks very cold.

No comments: