Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Morning Texas Thunderstorms Have Put Me On Flood Alert

You can not see via the view from my secondary viewing portal on the outer world that lightning is striking this Friday morning, half way through the month of June.

I did not get many hours of sleep last night. I don't know what time it was I started hearing thunder booming. It was strange. I heard thunder, sort of constantly, but saw no flashes of lightning.

The lightning free thunder went on for quite a long time.

And then all hell broke loose. A downpour arrived simultaneously with a lightning bolt with the thunder boom also simultaneous. It felt like the lightning struck right outside my window. This was then repeated several times.

Sleeping was not possible.

I see, via my computer based weather monitoring device, that the National Weather Service has issued a Flood Alert.

When I went to bed last night I did not know that a thunderstorm was in the forecast. And now I have to be alert about a flood.

This is all very stressful.

I think I will go swimming now and try to alleviate some of my stress.

No comments: