Thursday, June 14, 2012

Anonymous Animal Encounters With Giant Purple Flowers On The Tandy Hills

Today I came upon some new color brightening up the Tandy Hills in the form of the giant, purple orchid-like bloom you see in the picture.

It was slightly warm, in the mid 80s, when I hit the hills today to get some much needed endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation.

Coming up a hill I was startled by a large animal running across the path ahead of me. I only saw it for a flash and have no idea what it was.

Giant roadrunner? Scrawny coyote? Cougar? Bobcat? Olive the Prairie Dog?

I don't know. It was fast and long gone by the time I got to the top of the hill.

Currently, back in air-conditioned comfort, the outer world is being heated to 92 degrees, as measured by a thermometer device, with the humidity having the air feeling like it is 102 degrees.

I have a relative issue or two that weighs on my melancholy mind. For some reason watching the re-boot of Dallas heightened my melancholy feeling. Why? I have no idea.

I was up early this morning and in the pool shortly after the sun arrived.

I don't think I'm getting enough exercise, so this evening I think I will check out the mountain bike trail at River Legacy Park that was looking fun when I saw it yesterday.

No comments: