Monday, July 21, 2008

Mount Rainier Appears On Day 2 In Tacoma

I am dead exhausted, having slept only an hour or two last night. I've had a busy day today, so tonight I am firing on about a half a cylinder. Whatever that means. Like I said, I'm exhausted.

Even so, tonight we had a BBQ outside. My sister made the tastiest burger I've ever had on the tastiest bun I've ever tasted.

After the BBQ I was asked if I wanted to come along to walk Blue & Max, the poodle pair who will be left in my dangerous care tomorrow, after I take their primary caregivers to the airport, departing for a week in the other Washington, with the initials D.C. at the end.

We drove to Owens Beach at Point Defiance. Point Defiance is a park in Tacoma. It is one of the largest urban parks in the world. As you can see in the photo, The Mountain, as in Mount Rainier, was out tonight. There were large throngs of people having fun at the beach, kayaking, picnicking, jogging, biking, weenie roasting, walking and in one case, an older gentleman appeared to steal a kiss from an older lady with a cane. I told her I hope she knew that man. She said she did.

I was out and about in Tacoma all day today, and again tonight. And just like my previous returns, after extended periods of exile in Texas, I am amazed at how many people appear to have had the air let out of them. I'm seeing so few fat people here. Washington is not doing its part in contributing to the National Strategic Fat Preserve. Or maybe Washington is doing its part in drawing down on the Fat Preserve and helping bring down food prices.

We drove the waterfront back after the poodle walk, lots of people at the waterfront restaurants, Mount Rainier hovering over them. The sun sets way later up north than down in Texas and it sets in very scenic way, what with all the water and mountains. It was perfect tonight. Even a ferry boat got in the view.

I hope Fort Worth succeeds with its Trinity River Vision so Fort Worth can be like Tacoma, with scenic waterfront property and a lot of deflated people using the Fort Worth waterfront. That'd be nice for Fort Worth....

No comments: