Monday, July 21, 2008

I've Recovered From Fort Worth Level Orange Ozone

Last night, when I still was having a sore throat and coughing fits, I was starting to doubt that this 4 day problem was caused by the Level Orange Ozone woes that had befallen the D/FW Metro zone in recent days.

I figured if my sore throat and cough were caused by the pollution that this would clear up as soon as I got to clean air. Well, I landed in Washington, hours later I still had a sore throat. I coughed all through the night.

Then this morning I was outside in the brisk, pine-scented morning air. It felt like I was breathing in super air, like it'd been somehow treated and made the way air should be.

By mid-morning I realized my sore throat was going away. I haven't coughed in hours. I believe I am cured. If this woe was caused by D/FW pollution I can't help but wonder how it effects those not in as good as shape as myself. I know one allergy prone Puerto Rican who was laid low and puffed up by the Level Orange Fort Worth Ozone.

2 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

All kidding aside, we have code orange and code red alerts daily here in the Greater Atlanta area. It was brutal over the weekend. We set up outside in code red conditions. the glowing has subsided...
hope you're better
xo the other lulu

Durango said...

This morning I'm a lot better. I think these foggy/drizzly Tacoma mornings and the afternoons of clear blue sky are quickly fixing the Texas damage. Yesterday I went on the Tacoma Lulu's version of Dumpster Diving. That was interesting. I don't how that helped my sort throat and cough, though. The fresh strawberry shake Lulu got me in Fife at the Quick-Pick, local legendary burger joint, helped a lot.