Thursday, July 3, 2008

Texas Being Invaded By Ants

I'd barely finished a long-winded blogging about Seattle when I discovered I was facing my worst ant invasion of the year. This dwarfed last week's invasion.

I was sitting in the living room, when I looked out the patio window to see a line of ants moving on the wall. I followed the line up, then across the room, around the corner. And into my kitchen.

I grabbed my new can of almost empty ant spray and started exterminating the pests. I began at the patio door, because that appeared to be their entry point. By the time I got to the kitchen I saw they were swarming by my popcorn bowl, which sits on the shelf on top of the cabinets.

I grabbed the bowl. It was full of ants. I guess they like Parmesan cheese. I put the bowl in the sink and flushed them down the drain. It was disgusting. I turned on the disposal to make sure none survived.

This summer is looking to be a bad one, ant-wise. How can I leave this place un-attended by a responsible adult for a month? I could return to a total infestation.

Below is a video that shows you just how bad it is getting in Texas, ant-wise.

No comments: