Saturday, July 19, 2008

Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind

I was looking at YouTube videos, trying to find something funny about Fort Worth, when I saw several titled "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind." Country singer George Strait's name was attached to several of the "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind" videos.

I figured someone was either being ironic or sarcastic asking such a question, due to, well, my thinking that the answer, from most people, to that question, would be no.

So, it turns out this is a well known George Strait song. Shows what an uncultured ignoramus I am a lot of the time.

Anyway, below is the video of George Strait singing about Fort Worth. The video is a series of photos of Fort Worth. In the first photo you'll see a construction crane hovering over the now defunct boondoggle formerly known as the future downtown Fort Worth campus of Tarrant County College.

I think the person who made this slide show was somehow making fun of Fort Worth. I couldn't tell for sure, but the videographer did insert a photo of Dallas that shows what Dallas will look like if Dallas builds its Trinity River Vision Project. Fort Worth copied the Dallas vision a few years after Dallas first had its vision. Fort Worth seems to have forgotten where they got their Trinity River Vision.

No comments: