Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm Heading For Cheeseburgers In Paradise

It's a done deal. After months of procrastinating, this morning I finally booked a ticket to Seattle. Well, actually to Sea-Tac. I'm not staying in Seattle. I'll be in Tacoma.

As we learned recently, people here in Fort Worth are touchy when an airplane pilot welcomes his passengers to Dallas. People in Tacoma are not nearly so sensitive.

That is part of the Tacoma waterfront in the photo above. I believe the restaurant sticking out over the water is Katy Down's. That mountain in the background is a volcano called Rainier. We don't have many of those in Texas. That's the Tacoma Dome, in front of Mount Rainier, in the photo on the right.

The water feature is courtesy of Mother Nature. No rivers had to be altered to create artificial waterways, like what they want to do here in Fort Worth. Somehow, I don't think if Fort Worth gets its lake and canals built it is going to be quite as scenic as Mother Nature's handiwork in Tacoma.

My first week in Tacoma I'll be taken care of by a pair of poodles. Max & Blue. Max & Blue have a blog. They are obsessed about having McDonald's Cheeseburgers.

The last time I was in Washington part of what I did there was attend my oldest nephew's wedding to a wonderful sweet young thing named Jennie. A little over a year later my nephew and Jenny had a baby named Spencer Jack. Spencer Jack also has a blog. My dad's name is Jack. My nephew was told you can't go wrong naming your kid after your richest relative. So, he was given, for a first name, my ex-wife's last name. Thank God Spencer wasn't given my ex-wife's first name. He'd be Loretta Jack then. That'd probably get him teased. Spencer is much better.

It's been 2 years, 4 months since my nephew's wedding. In a turn of events I would not have thought likely, Spencer Jack's parents are now divorced. Spencer Jack's dad proposed to his mom while on a Caribbean cruise. I met them at the airport on their way back. I was shown a ring and was told I was the first to be told. They lied. When I called my mom she already knew. And now they are divorced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having fun reading of your blog.


berto xxx