Sunday, July 20, 2008

Level Orange Ozone Making Me Sick

I don't know if we are at a Level Orange Ozone Alert again today, here in Texas. The air appears to be a bit clearer this morning.

The past 3 days I've developed a cough and sore throat. Yesterday I was over at my local Puerto Rican's and she told me I was having an allergic reaction to the Ozone. She's an amateur doctor in her spare time. She also suffers miserably from bad allergies which require potent meds.

Last night Miss Puerto Rico prescribed Eucalyptus Aroma Therapy for my sore throat and cough. This meant we sat and passed a bottle of Eucalyptus back and forth. This did not seem to have any salubrious effect for me. But the fumes made me tipsy.

Starting at approximately 6:25 pm, today, I should start getting some relief from this Level Orange Ozone threat, as I fly away from this polluted zone to a less polluted, I hope, zone.

Actually, if this trip to Washington is like my other 2 summers back up there, I will be remarking, for several days, how the air smells so good, like Christmas trees. And then I get used to it.

In about 13 and a half hours I will be picked up at Sea-Tac by a pair of poodles named Blue and Max. Tomorrow I hope I get to take them walking the Tacoma waterfront. Or somewhere. Actually just walking in their neighborhood is fun. Nice and hilly.

No comments: