Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Hike, Swim & Picnic at Lake Grapevine

Today I'm going to do something I've not done in awhile. As in drive up to Rockledge Park on Lake Grapevine and go on hike, then swim, then have a picnic. I used go up to Rockledge all the time, but it somehow seemed foolish to waste gas. But then this morning I realized I'm spending way less on gas than I did when it cost $1.50 a gallon, due to driving way less.

On the way to Lake Grapevine I'm going to another place I've not gone in a long time, that being Sprouts. Sprouts is my favorite grocery store. This week they've got seedless Texas-grown watermelons for only $1.99. Last week I discovered I can make watermelon juice with my Vita-Mix. Mixed with lemonade, the watermelon juice is a very very good thing.

Lake Grapevine's waves can get almost ocean-size in a good wind. I always see big clam shells on the beach at this lake. I did not know clams grew in freshwater lakes. There also are a lot of seagulls. I can almost pretend I'm at a Washington saltwater beach when I'm at Lake Grapevine. In a week I'll be at the real thing. A Washington saltwater beach, I mean.

I'm going to take video today at Lake Grapevine, so be looking for that on a blog soon. Probably later today.

No comments: