Monday, July 7, 2008

ABC's The Bachelorette Final Rose Wilts


It's sort of embarrassing that of the 100s of bloggings I've blathered, by far, the most viewed bloggings have been the ones about that ABC train wreck of a show called The Bachelorette. Also embarrassing is various search strings have my bloggings about this show Googling in the top spot. Hence all the readers.

Well, I'm all about pandering in a constantly lackluster attempt to get someone to listen to me, so, once more I'm blogging about ABC's The Bachelorette.

Tonight is the show's finale, or in Bachelorette-speak, the Final Rose Ceremony. This show is almost religious in its ceremonies. Last week we were treated to the ceremony of the greatly sought after invite to spend a night as a couple in the Fantasy Romance Suite. Or something like that.

As I understand it, tonight, for 2 hours I'll be subjected to, if I watch, the Bachelorette, DeAnna Pappas, introducing her two potential husbands to her family in order to gain their possible approval.

Then, in the seemingly scripted part of the show, the two potential husbands solemnly confess to the father their deep love for his daughter. And ask for his approval of the suitor as a son-in-law.

What'd be fun is if the dad said something like "If you think you've fallen in love with my daughter in 30 days on a TV show and you want to marry her, well you've gotta be a nutcase, so NO WAY do I want you in my family."

This morning the Star-Telegram made note of tonight's end of this show and lamented that we in Texas have little reason to watch because the girl gave the guy from Dallas, Jeremy, the boot last week. It was heartbreaking.

Tonight DeAnna chooses between Jason, with a kid, and a real job, and Jesse, a professional snowboarder.

This goes on for 2 hours. And then is followed with another hour called "After the Final Rose: DeAnna Tells All." I guess she is gonna tell what actually happens during those overnight stays in the Romantic Fantasy Suite.

No comments: