Sunday, June 1, 2014

Energetically Rolling My Wheels In Gateway Park Thinking About Roadtripping To See Tacoma's Chocolate Queen

My handlebars are looking like they are in the same location in Gateway Park as they were two days ago.

Well, looks can be deceiving, a fact I am reminded of almost every time I look in a mirror, whatever that means, but this is not the same location. This location is about a quarter mile south of that other location.

And once again my inferior photographic skills do not do justice to the steepness of the drop-off to the green drink of water known as the Trinity River.

Today has been Day Two of being Mr. Energy. I do not know what is causing this phenomenon. This morning I was once again up early and in the pool soon after the sun arrived.

Then came noon and rolling my wheels in Gateway Park. Today I rolled the entire trail twice. I've never come remotely close to doing that before. I have no idea, but a guess, as to the distance covered. Maybe 10 miles. Time-wise the wheel rolling went on for well over an hour.

When I got back to my abode I was still HOT, and so a second cool pool bout seemed like a good idea. And it was.

Today I heard from the reigning Chocolate Queen of Tacoma, Miss Sara. Miss Sara and I were both surprised to realize it has been over 10 years since the Chocolate Queen flew me in so I could put her chocolate products on Amazon. That was in February of 2004. I  flew up again in August of 2004 to do a couple other projects for the Chocolate Queen and to start up a project with the Chocolate Queen's brother. Then in November of 2004 the Chocolate Queen's brother flew me up north for no really good reason other than to fix his email, near as I can remember.

Three times flying up to Washington in one year was too much flying up to Washington. Currently it has been almost 6 years since I've flown up to Washington. And almost 13 years since I've driven up to Washington. During my first three years in Texas I drove back and forth from Texas to Washington five times. That seems so odd to think of now. Back then it was much cheaper to drive than fly. That and I really like a long roadtrip. I'd rather take 2.5 days to get from here to there on the surface of the planet, than take only 4 hours to get from here to there flying above the planet.

I wonder if I am going to be Mr. Energy again tomorrow....

No comments: