Monday, June 9, 2014

Today Heavy Rain Blocked Me From Access To Arlington's Village Creek Indian Ghosts

At some point in time during the middle of the night I woke up to find myself feeling a chilly breeze which felt like the air-conditioner in chilling mode.

However, the air-conditioner was not running, but the ceiling fan was spinning and unbeknownst to me the temperature in the outer world had plummeted into the 60s.

Brrrrr.

As I lay awake, shivering, in the distance I heard rumbling. As the rumbling grew closer I started to hear the pitter patter of raindrops hitting my windows.

Soon flashes of lightning and booms of thunder flashed and boomed pretty much non-stop til after the sun arrived, struggling to bring light through the dense cover of black clouds.

By the time the time of my regularly scheduled swim arrived the lightning had ceased striking, but the rain continued dropping. And so I had myself a mighty fine time swimming in the rain this morning, with the water in the pool feeling significantly warmer than the air for the first time this year.

Around noon I drove to Arlington to the Village Creek Natural Historical Area to find access at the west entry blocked by the gate with its "Closed Due To Flooding" sign.

So, I drove to the east access to the Indian Ghosts, in Interlochen, where I soon saw that Village Creek really was in flood mode, as you can see above.

More rain is in the forecast, along with chilly temperatures, as in, currently, past noon, the outer world is heated to only 71 degrees at my location.

Again. Brrrrr.......

No comments: