Friday, June 27, 2014

This Morning I Learned J.D. Granger Is Promoting Little Kids Cheering For Beer & Going Nuts For Runner's Butts


I found the above picture in my email inbox this morning, sent by Elsie Hotpepper, with the subject line being "There are no words....".

It took me a second or two to figure out that which left Miss Hotpepper speechless.

I will try to see if I can find the words which eluded Elsie.

Well, this picture is some sort of Trinity River Vision Boondoggle, I mean, Panther Island Pavilion Boondoggle promotion.

That is J.D. Granger in the yellow shirt standing behind a little kid holding a sign. It is what is on the signs which rendered Elsie Hotpepper speechless.

Let's look closeup at the three signs nearest J.D. Granger....


Two little kids holding Panther Island Pavilion signs with the first kid's sign saying "I go nuts for runner's butts" with the next kid's sign saying "Will cheer for beer" with the third sign saying "Run quietly when hungover".

The messages on the others signs were gems like "If this was any easier it would be your mom". I have no idea what that means.

Then there was this one, "You make chafing look sexy". What in the world is being promoted here?

"You've got stamina? Call me".

"You're almost there. That's what she said".

Are some of these signs supposed to be funny by being real juvenile type double entendre type messages?

There are signs sitting on the two chairs on the right side of the picture. I could only make out part of one of the sitting signs, that being the one on the right. The part I could make out is "If peeing your pants is cool then you're.....". I could not make out the next two words.

I don't know what you are thinking about this latest bit of Trinity River Vision Boondoggle, I mean, Panther Island Pavilion Boondoggle bizarreness, but what I'm thinking is whoever it was who thought it a good idea to make these signs and have a photo taken with little kids holding signs saying one goes nuts for runner's butts while the other little kid cheers for beer, well, methinks terminated without severance pay would seem to be a fitting response.

Should not the buck for something like this stop at the top? As in, J.D. Granger must have signed on to make these signs. He certainly signed on to promote them. Will the Tarrant Regional Water District Board have a Censure Hearing regarding this?

Or am I just an old fuddy duddy who does not get the highly evolved, sophisticated Fort Worth sense of humor?

Extremely perplexing.....

10 comments:

LandslideClyde said...

The taxpayers happily pay JD $140,000 a year (that's what it was in 2009. Probably twice that now) for his fun and games with public money. This is one time that the axiom "you get what you pay for" is baloney.

Anonymous said...

Sorry not sorry or the Twitter hashtag #sorrynotsorry is the Trinity River Vision's answer to criticism. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

A blog out of Wise County called Liberally Lean From The Land of Dairy Queen picked up this article from you and posted it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a repoter at FOX 4, and had some questions about this post, and the picture. Would love to talk to the blog author. Can you call me? 817-336-8110. Thanks. Brandon Todd

Anonymous said...

"Don't poop your pants, or do. We don't judge"??????
Fits in perfectly with the clueless crowd that hops into a tube down at Fecal Beach!
Unbelievable!
How do you like what TRV has brought us so far? Worth the financial drain? Worth the forfeiture of property?
Any reference to "peeing" should be about what method they have chosen to do away with our treasure!

Anonymous said...

Does Child Protective Services exist in Texas? If so these morons should be reported to protect those kids.

Beth A. said...

You are correct, Durango, this should be grounds for termination. Those poor kids are being used. Can't find anything about these signs anywhere else. Hope it gets more coverage and Granger gets some heat. Thanks.

cd0103 said...

What is funny is I FB tagged you in this article before I opened it (post on Jeff Prince' page). Then I read it and you were quoted. Cracks me up. Keep up the good fight my friend.

Durango said...

CD-----I just read the Jeff Prince Fort Worth Weekly post. Thought to myself, did I say that? I guess I must have....

Anonymous said...

Would love to speak to you about this post. I am blog "gatekeeper" for Mark Greene's Congressional campaign. I also handle media.
Would you mind PMing me at bapber@charter.net ?