Sunday, June 22, 2014

The 2nd Day Of Summer Is Dripping Wet In Texas

Early on the first day of Summer I saw a 7 day forecast for my location on the planet which indicated the following 7 days would be partly cloudy with the temperature highs in the 90s.

With no rain or thunderstorms in the forecast.

So, I was a bit surprised to hear rain pitter pattering on my windows early this morning of the first Sunday of Summer.

Rain has continued to pitter patter all morning. I have also heard a couple thunder booms. By the time of my regularly scheduled morning swim rain had fallen in amounts copious enough to have raised the water level an inch or two.

For the first time this year the water in the pool felt significantly warmer than the air. I was not long into the pool when the pitter patter shifted to downpour mode. I like swimming in the rain, but I do not like doing so when the rain is in downpour mode.

As you can see below, the 7 day forecast is now predicting a few days of rain.



Having Summer start off with a few days of rain is very stereotypical of the start of Summer in the Pacific Northwest. This type start of Summer has not been stereotypical of previous Summer starts in Texas, in my limited Texas experience.

By now is it not the norm that we should have been treated to a few days in the triple digits?

I have just been informed I need to read something on Facebook. So, I shall do as told, as soon as I hit the publish button on this watery blogging.....

2 comments:

Steve A said...

I understand that the first DFW 100 degree day is around June 30 on average.

Steve A said...

In 1906 and 1973, it never did get up to 100. Or so I'm told by the NWS.