Monday, June 2, 2014

I Think Possibly Ginger Has Me Feeling Mighty Fine Thanks To The Doctors Book Of Food Remedies

For the third morning in a row I have found myself feeling like Mr. Energy. This morning whilst swimming I was pondering what possible variables in my regularly repetitive regime might account for this Era of Good Feelings.

Eventually the pondering led me to consider that Ginger may be the cause of my current high energy modus operandi.

No, by Ginger I am not referring to the movie star on Gilligan's Island, nor am I referring to my sister's BFF who lives in Marysville, Washington.

By Ginger I am referring to the rhizome of the plant Zingiber.

A week or so ago I got myself some fresh Ginger at Town Talk. A couple days after that I was perusing my bookshelf seeking something to read and found a book I did not remember having titled "The Doctors Book of Food Remedies".

In the Food Remedies book, in the section about Ginger, the claim is made that Ginger has cancer fighting properties, can provide migraine relief, motion sickness relief and help ease the aches and pains of arthritis.

So, yesterday, after riding my bike a long distance over tricky trails at Gateway Park, my finger joints were aching. As were my foot joints, well, toes. For lunch I made stir-fry in which grated Ginger was added. Plus I had pickled Ginger on the side.

After lunch my aching joints started feeling better.

In the early evening I had a couple glasses of Iced Tea, made in a big Sun Tea jar. I make herbal tea consisting of Kava Kava, Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer, Sleepytime, Peppermint and others.

And, in addition to the herbal teas I boiled about a half cup of grated Ginger and then added the liquid to the tea.

That added Ginger liquid is surprisingly potent.

And now this morning, I was in the pool when I realized my joints were no longer aching, which caused the light bulb to come on in my dim bulb brain thinking maybe it is the Ginger which has been turning me into a Mr. Energy who is feeling mighty fine. And aching less.

So, I have new pot of Sun Tea infused with Ginger out brewing on the patio. And Garbanzos brewing in the crockpot, to be made into hummus, with a lot of Garlic, which is another food remedy the doctors recommend in The Doctors Book of Food Remedies....

No comments: