Friday, April 11, 2014

Today I Found A Hoodoo Fertility Symbol On Fort Worth's Tandy Hills

 I was back on the Tandy Hills today for the first time since last Sunday's downpours.

I found a couple new Hoodoos today, along with finding that the Hoodoo at Hoodoo Central, located at the north end of the trail which leads to the Tandy Hills from the park on View Street, is still standing.

One of the new Hoodoos is a different style Hoodoo than the other Tandy Hills Hoodoos.

One of those new Hoodoos, which you are looking at in the photo, may be some sort of symbolic celebration of spring type thing.

The reason I think this new Hoodoo may be some sort of symbolic celebration of spring type thing is due to the fact that this new Hoodoo erection appears to be some sort of primitive, rock-based, phallic fertility symbol.

Fertility symbols are common in many primitive, and not so primitive, cultures, being representative of the renewal represented by the arrival of spring, what with the return of green to the landscape, along with a plethora, in Texas, of colorful wildflowers and critter babies being born.

With just over two weeks to go before the annual Prairie Fest, this coming Saturday, April 26, the Tandy Hills have amped up the wildflower production and have ratcheted down the brown, with the greening of the Tandy Hills' trees, as you can see photo documented below, a view south, viewed today, by me, high atop one of the unnamed Tandy Hills.


Just a short time ago the primary color one saw at this location was brown. Now green dominates the landscape.

The last couple times I was hill hiking on the Tandy Hills I was bugged by a lot of bugs. Today's hill hiking was pretty much bug-free. Did that storm on Sunday blow the bugs out of town? I hope so. I prefer my Tandy Hills hiking to be bug-free.

What with the outer world being heated yesterday well into the 80s and only slightly chilling overnight, early this morning I had myself a mighty fine time getting much needed hydrotherapy in the no longer too cool pool, without needing to resort to the hot tub for shiver prevention.

I had my windows open this morning. This afternoon the outer world is again being heated into the 80s. I am resisting resorting to turning on the air-conditioning. I suspect my resistance may not last long...

2 comments:

Stenotrophomonas said...

Strange... I was in the Hills Thursday and the perennial hoodoo, that stood so precariously Saturday, was a mere stump of its former self. And then apparently restored to its previous delicate balance in this strong wind. Did you get a picture?
Some new guerilla art seems to be evolving near the Tower - look about 100 feet north of the entrance.

Durango said...

Stenotrophomonas, the Hoodoo Central Hoodoo I saw yesterday looked different than the extremely precarious one that stood last Saturday. I did not take a picture of the latest version. Maybe I'll go back today.