Saturday, April 12, 2014

Photo Documenting Tandy Hills Hoodoo Engineering Before Finding Uncle Oinker's Gummy Bacon At Town Talk

Even though I'd been on the Tandy Hills on Friday I decided to do some hill hiking again today, prior to my regularly scheduled Saturday Town Talk treasure hunting.

Yesterday I mentioned finding a new Hoodoo on the Tandy Hills and also mentioned that the main Hoodoo at Hoodoo Central was still standing, although looking a bit different than the version I saw the previous Saturday.

Yesterday's Hoodoo mention brought a comment and a question from Stenotrophomonas with that Stenotrophomonas question asking if I took a picture of the Hoodoo.

I had not.

The Stenotrophomonas comment....

Stenotrophomonas has left a new comment on your post "Today I Found A Hoodoo Fertility Symbol On Fort Worth's Tandy Hills":

Strange... I was in the Hills Thursday and the perennial hoodoo, that stood so precariously Saturday, was a mere stump of its former self. And then apparently restored to its previous delicate balance in this strong wind. Did you get a picture? Some new guerrilla art seems to be evolving near the Tower - look about 100 feet north of the entrance. 

So, sometime after Stenotrophomonas saw the fallen Hoodoo on Thursday, it had been resurrected by the time I saw it the next day. Who is behind these Hoodoo feats of rock engineering one can not help but wonder?

You can see, via the closeup Hoodoo view below, what I mean by feat of rock engineering. Note the balancing act and the little stabilizing rocks. It would seem this construction would be time consuming.


Even though the Hoodoo is a marvel of rock engineering, how does it manage to keep standing what with the powerful gusts of wind that have been hitting it, yesterday, and continuing today?

After admiring the Hoodoo I was off to Town Talk in search of Uncle Oinker's Gummy Bacon.

Mr. Galtex told me about finding Uncle Oinker's Gummy Bacon prior to leaving Texas for a Boston break. I told Mr. Galtex I was unable to find the Gummy Bacon on my last Saturday TT Treasure Hunt.

Mr. Galtex, I think while still in Boston pigging out on Boston Cream Pie and Lobster Rolls, then gave me precise directions as to how to locate the Town Talk Gummy Bacon.

And so, today I found Uncle Oinker's Gummy Bacon, as you can see photo documented below.


Strawberry Flavor! Four slices, which you can view via the viewing window.

I did not realize til I saw it in person that the Gummy Bacon is a candy product. Even though the Gummy Bacon was cheap, as in 2 for a buck, I resisted the temptation. Well, actually, I am not much of a candy consumer. And bacon flavored gummy candy with a strawberry twist really has no appeal to me.

Having said that it seems a bit odd to say I got a lot of maple yogurt today. That also sounds not all that tasty, but it actually is.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should you ever return to your native habitat, you can pick up some Uncle Oinker's at world famous Archie McPhee's.

Mr Galtex