Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fishing With Gertrude The Goose In Fort Worth's Fosdick Lake

Thunder did some booming at my location in the mid morning time frame, along with a short burst of heavy rain.

Prior to the booming I had a long swim in the no longer too cool pool.

In the noon time frame, with no thunder booming, I decided to use my mechanized mobile transport device to go to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdick Lake and enjoy being battered by the strong wind gusts.

Soon after I began my walk around Fosdick Lake I came upon the bucolic scene you see above. A guy fishing with his pet goose, Gertrude.

Years ago, in a Washington raspberry field, I  was attacked by a mad goose. Ever since then I keep my distance from geese.

Until one suffers a goose attack one does not realize how strongly those goose beaks can bite.

Why has a rope been strung from the railing of the bridge which crosses the Fosdick Dam Spillway?

I could think of no reason why someone would go to the bother of doing this.

This morning someone named Anonymous asked me, via a blog comment, if I was senile. I don't remember the last time I was asked if I was senile. Not remembering the last time I was asked if I was senile may be yet one more sign of senility. The person named Anonymous was asking me if I was senile due to some controversy over a bluebonnet which I did not understand, likely due to me being senile.

Leaving the subject of my senility and returning to Fosdick Lake.


As you can see, the Fosdick Lake turtles were enjoying today's balmy humidity, while not letting the gusts of wind bother them.

Being senile I sometimes forget to eat lunch. But, this would not be one of those days, because the oven just beeped, indicating I need to eat....

No comments: