Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Topless Joint Upsets Some In My Fort Worth Neighborhood

I believe the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex has the world's highest per capita number of women working in strip clubs. There are dozens upon dozens of Strip Joints, also known as Gentlemen's Clubs, throughout this metro area.

Long ago I learned from a Texan, I'll anonymously call G the Texan, that going to a Strip Joint, with your dad, is a right of passage in Texas when you turn 18. G the Texan was shocked to learned no such thing exists in my former zone of Washington. Yes, there are a few topless joints up there, but not like what exists here in Texas.

I never went to a topless bar in Washington. I have gone to a strip show or two in British Columbia. There was always a good one at this place called Izzy's and at the PNE. That is the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. The PNE is sort of like the State Fair of Texas on steroids. I don't know why they don't have a strip show at the State Fair of Texas. They do have a Women's Museum there.

Some people in my neighborhood of Fort Worth are in a tizzy due to a Strip Joint being built. This is to be across the Trinity River in a Dry Zone. One would think my side of the river would be the preferred location for a new Strip Joint, since I'm in a totally Wet Zone. I think across the river it is a totally Dry Zone, meaning, I don't think you could even carry your own bottle of beer into the new Strip Joint.

Maybe with a Strip Joint within walking distance I'll finally visit one. I'd ask G the Texan if he wanted to attend the grand opening, but I'm sure he's banned from such things now that he is married.

Video with details below....

1 comment:

Gar said...

Haha. Silly people buying a house or business in the DFW metromess and then being upset when a strip joint moves in. Texas likes their churches, football stadiums and strip joints.
You should have to sign a disclaimer when you move to DFW that you realize that there is a high likelihood of a strip joint being close by.
If they'd put a big church in the new Cowboy's Stadium and allow the cheerleaders to go topless, it would be heaven on earth!