Thursday, September 11, 2008

Houston. We've Got A Problem. Hurricane Ike Heading Your Way.

Watching the news at lunch it would appear that Alma's Port Aransas will be spared the worst of Hurricane Ike. I've not heard from Alma today, but I'm sure she evacuated last night, via ferry, as she'd planned.

The latest guess has Ike heading towards the Galveston/Houston zone. Once Ike makes landfall they are predicting he's going to take a turn east. I guess this will spare the Dallas/Fort Worth zone from much Ike action. I don't know about that for sure.

It should be an interesting weekend.

Meanwhile the freeways heading out of Houston are packed with cars moving slowly. You'd think they were already here. The freeway that runs by my abode, I-820, has been jammed all day heading north. Why? I don't know. I'm almost 100% certain though that it is not Ike-related.

No comments: