Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anne Kilkenny Letter About Sarah Palin

A pair of my favorite corespondents are heading to Texas to maybe see me. They call themselves Chippys. The also call themselves LuluRedstar and Lauri Evans. They are an amusing pair. Very smart and witty. And they have a blog. From them I learned I want to try a Jalapeno Margarita.

This afternoon Lauri sent me a link to a very interesting letter written by a Wasilla, Alaska resident named Anne Kilkenny. Each time I type Kilkenny I think South Park.

Below is an excerpt from the end of the letter. Go here to read the whole thing.

WHY AM I WRITING THIS?

First, I have long believed in the importance of being an informed voter. I am a voter registrar. For 10 years I put on student voting programs in the schools. If you google my name (Anne Kilkenny + Alaska), you will find references to my participation in local government, education, and PTA/parent organizations.

Secondly, I've always operated in the belief that "Bad things happen when good people stay silent". Few people know as much as I do because few have gone to as many City Council meetings.

Third, I am just a housewife. I don't have a job she can bump me out of. I don't belong to any organization that she can hurt. But, I am no fool; she is immensely popular here, and it is likely that this will cost me somehow in the future: that’s life.

Fourth, she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100 or so people who rallied to support the City Librarian against Sarah's attempt at censorship.

Fifth, I looked around and realized that everybody else was afraid to say anything because they were somehow vulnerable.

Anne Kilkenny August 31, 2008

1 comment:

Lauri Evans said...

bOY OH bOy i FEEL like I have made it! U better motor over?/down?/acrosss/ to Warrenton for a real meet 'n greet!
Also..www.factcheck.org is a responsible, nonpartisan website that susses out the rumors from the facts. check it out. very interesting
ox lulu