Sunday, September 14, 2008

Proof Of My Memory Loss

I was looking through some old, odd stuff and came across something that appalled me, appalled me, I tell you. A thing from my old old website known as "The Durango Files." Sort of a distant precursor to this blog, a distant precursor in which I webpaged my various travails and tribulations while I still lived in the Pacific Northwest.

I don't know if it was a function of my psyche blocking a painful memory, or my memory itself falling to disrepair, but I came across an accounting I wrote over a decade ago which should have served me as a cautionary tale, that I should have remembered. But, fool that I am, I'm all about giving people second, third and sometimes fourth chances. I no longer have such a foolish policy. I'm all about being Draconian anymore.

Anyway, here's an excerpt from the beginning of this memory jarring account.....

The following took place at the resort community of Sunriver in Central Oregon. Six different individuals with a total of nine different personalities were imprisoned in Hell Lodge on a deserted cul-de-sac for 5 long days of HELL.

The expedition had been arranged by a middle-aged married couple named Jack and Lulu. The other participants were their teenage son, Leo, a temporarily separated from her husband woman named Zelda, a compu-nerd, out-of-date, commie wannabe, who insisted on being called Trotsky; and one totally well-adjusted, completely sane person, your guide on this journey into the netherworld of the human mind, Dr. Durango Jones.....

Go here to read the entire painful episode.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was some funny stuff.

Gar said...

That was a very good story and you may be an entertaining writer.

Have you put into story how you came to Texas? The years leading up to it? What was the final straw in leaving the beautiful Pacific Northwest for this flat belt buckle we call home?

I bet that would be an enjoyable story as well. You can provide a link :).

Durango said...

I can barely stand to think about how I came to be in Texas, let alone write the story down. It'd be very painful to recollect all those memories. Let alone the memories of the final straws in the PNW. Suffice to say I've blocked from memory much of that, which is why I can find myself up there making the same stupid mistakes and having to learn the same stupid lessons over again.