Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Almost Icy Cold In Texas

Last night the temperatures here in Fort Worth plummeted into the 50s. Brrrrr. Slept like a baby with the windows open and no A/C running.

This morning about 7am I contemplated going swimming. At first I decided against it, figuring the water would be too cold. But then I decided to give it a try.

Well, the water in the pool was way warmer than the air. This made it feel good to get in the warm water. Though it did take a few seconds to get adjusted to the water, which must have been in the low 70s.

I've now decided I'm going to keep on swimming every morning all the way through winter. Unless there is an icestorm making it too slippery to go outside. I may change my mind about this plan at a later date.

1 comment:

Lauri Evans said...

So glad to hear you weathered the storm. I can't believe you got a cold front, still humid and hot here. Maybe we will get cool soon, I hope it is still cooler when we arrive on the 26th. See you soon. Lauri @ Chippys