Wednesday, September 10, 2008

State Fair of Texas & Red River Shootout

I'm constantly getting questions to my feedback@durangotexas.com email address that is all over my Eyes on Texas website. Some of them are amusing. Some of them I have no idea what they are talking about. And then some I do know the answer.

Like this one from yesterday regarding the upcoming State Fair of Texas and the football game that takes place in the Cotton Bowl during the fair, between Oklahoma and Texas called the Red River Shootout. Or sometimes the Red River Rivalry. The Red River is what your cross to get from Texas to Oklahoma, and vice versa.

"We are planning on attending the OU/Texas game, we are bringing our daughter who is 6 months old. I was wondering if I would be allowed to bring a backpack or diaper bag into the fair/game or if that would not be allowed? Also if we were to bring in a stroller, once we went into the game, would we have a place to put the stroller, or does the fair have a place to check the stroller for the game?"

I didn't know the answer, for certain, to the stroller part of the question, but I did know the answer to the security question, as in it's like a minor version of going through airport security to get into the fair. You don't have to take your shoes off. Your backpack will be inspected. You may be wanded.

The State Fair of Texas runs from September 26 to October 19. I hear Gar the Texan will be bringing his latest wife to the fair this year. And once more below is my YouTube video of the State Fair of Texas

No comments: