Sunday, October 4, 2009

Showing Steve Some Snow On Mount Baker While Dodging Raindrops In Texas

Yesterday I blogged about hiking up Mount Baker with my ex-sister-in-law Cindy. I was a little surprised she was engaging in such an activity because Cindy was not much of a hiker when she was my sister-in-law. And the hike from Schreiber's Meadow to the south slope of Mount Baker is a very strenuous climb. Which means Cindy is in real good shape.

I know there is no way Cindy's first husband, he being my brother, could hike that hike.

Steve A, from Keller, here in Texas, is familiar with Washington and its environs. Steve commented on yesterday's Mount Baker picture saying, "Mount Baker needs snow! It don't look right with just dirt on that ridge..."

Well, I have never been on the Railroad Grade with snow on it. I don't think it'd be hikeable then. Cindy sent me some more pictures last night, including the one here, that shows that Mount Baker does still have some snow, well, ice, on it.

It is a typical Pacific Northwest winter day today, here in North Texas. It rained all night. I went swimming this morning in a downpour. It is 61 degrees out there this Sunday morning at 9 and still raining.

No comments: