Monday, August 31, 2026

124 Degrees Going To Walmart To See Weird Stuff


One of the reasons I enjoy going to Walmart is one never knows what one might see there. For instance, that which you see photo documented above. I parked a couple slots away from that unusual vehicle.

How is this thing street legal? It had a Texas license plate. How is all that stuff stuck on the car secured sufficiently to render it impossible for stuff to not come flying free whilst motoring, even at a slow speed.

Why would anyone want to drive such a thing?

That is just a variation of a thought which often crosses my mind whilst nature communing in Walmart, with that thought being why would that person wear that in public, or have that part of their body pierced or that hideous tattoo on their nose?

Below you see the temperature in my vehicle when I climbed aboard shortly before 5 this afternoon. 124 degrees as measured by the Fahrenheit method. Currently 100 degree plus days are being forecast well into September.


It was so HOT for Saturday's Hotter 'N Hell 100 bike race event, with the humidity so low, the dehydration danger so high, that the race was shortened from 100 miles to 100 kilometers.

Over 7,500 rolled their wheels on Saturday, with over 120 of the wheel rollers needing to be hospitalized.

I am so looking forward to winter and getting my long pants out of storage...

No comments: