This morning when I woke up my computer a little past 6am, the computer's temperature monitor was telling me the outer world was currently chilled to 68 degrees, as measured by the Fahrenheit method.
That chilly temperature indicated this final Thursday of the 2026 version of August was going to be another under 100 degree day, like yesterday, making for outdoor nature communing and endorphin acquisition.
Yesterday it was to Sikes Lake I ventured, today it was to equally nearby Lake Wichita.
The air was cooler today than yesterday. With the strongest wind I have experienced in a long long time making for some good wind chill. Gusting, at times, making staying vertical a fun challenge.
Above you see the view I saw soon after exiting my vehicle. The dry spillway of Lake Wichita Dam. That spillway has been dry for years. I do not remember when last I saw water spilling over that spillway.
Above we are on the lake side of the dam, above the spillway. If Lake Wichita had its normal amount of water, that is what you'd see above, water about to spill over the dam's spillway.
Above we are about to walk out on the Lake Wichita Boardwalk. I do not know what type vegetation it is that you see on both sides of the Boardwalk, But you can see that that vegetation is giving a good indicator of how windy it is.
Usually, when it is windy, walking out on this floating dock is a bit adventurous, what with the rocking motion. Today there was no rocking motion. I think the lake level is so low that the dock is no longer floating, but is sitting on the lake bottom.
Tomorrow, and for the entire Hotter 'N Hell 100 weekend, the temperature is predicted to be back over 100 degrees




No comments:
Post a Comment