Wednesday, August 5, 2026
HOT Wednesday Burning In Wichita Falls
A few minutes before 5 o'clock, on this first Wednesday of the 2026 version of August, I exited my abode, heading for my almost daily visit to air-conditioned Walmart, when, as soon as I shut the door I heard shouting, someone screaming "call the police" and then what I thought were gunshots.
I went back inside my abode, looked out the window and saw a car on fire. I could see people standing, watching the fire, not in any sort of panic caused by guns shooting.
So, I exited my abode again, got to ground level, and took the photo you see above. There were multiple bursts of flame, making that noise which sounded like gunfire.
By the time I got to my motorized means of motion, two firetrucks had arrived. Then a lady drove onto my driveway, asked me if she could park there, and that that was her husband's car burning.
By the time I got back from Walmart the entire scene was totally cleaned up.
No clue as to what caused this car to burn.
We are well over 100 degrees today. I don't think that could be the cause of a car catching fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment