Sunday, August 30, 2026
Sunny Sunday At Lucy Park Walking New Circle Trail Section With Ducks
Even though this final Sunday of the 2026 version of August is being Hotter 'N Hell, it was to Lucy Park I opted to venture for my daily nature communing and endorphin acquisition.
I will likely enjoy the air-conditioned comfort of Walmart, later today.
Lucy Park was an attraction today because I'd recently learned a new section of the Circle Trail was now ready to be walked on. That is part of the new section of Circle Trail you see photo documented above. That little bit of blue on the right is the Wichita River.
This new section of the Circle Trail has been years in the making. With its completion I believe there is only one section of the Circle Trail which needs to be completed, which will make the Circle Trail a complete circle. The uncompleted section is by Mount Wichita, along Lake Wichita, and is being stifled by some landowners who do not want the Circle Trail circling through their property.
To access the new section of Circle Trail I parked near the Lucy Park Duck Pond. It has been a few years since I walked in the Lucy Park Duck Pond zone.
As you can see, the Lucy Park Duck Pond sort of looks like a rain forest in Washington's Olympic National Park.
Above I came upon my first duck, today, in the Lucy Park Duck Pond zone. He politely posed for me.
Soon thereafter I found my trail blocked by a big flock of ducks. After asking them nicely they cleared a path for me.
I like the sound of a flock of ducks quacking.
I am looking forward to the coming significantly cooler days, wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. And no need for air conditioning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment