Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Comment From One Of Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboy Stadium Eminent Domain Abuse Victims


This morning I got an interesting comment from Mad Mom about the above YouTube video. Mad Mom is one of victims of Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys and the City of Arlington's abuse of eminent domain in order to take people's homes for the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. It has been a long time, now, since all those homes and apartments were destroyed.

At the time, and I guess it still is, it was shocking to me that this took place. I empathized with how I'd feel if I was told I had to sell the house I'd built and lived in for decades.

To me it all seemed like using and abusing the law to commit a crime. That being the destructive of American citizen's homes without their consent.

I have gotten a lot of comments from clueless sorts who opine along the line that people had to agree to sell their property or Jerry Jones couldn't have bought it, indicating total ignorance of the concept of eminent domain.

Below is the comment from Mad Mom....

I lived in Arlington for years, born and raised. My childhood home was one of the ones that was destroyed by Jerrytown. I'm sorry but there is NO amount of money that makes it ok for someone to take your home and your land for a FOOTBALL Stadium. Those people could not replace their homes for what little they were given. And that "last holdout" was paid for 4 acres of land and 2 houses, not just one like most people, 1.5 mil isn't that much for that much acreage and houses.

Mad Mom

No comments: