Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kieran The Scotsman Takes A Leap On The Grand Canyon Skywalk

Our modern world, with its constant state of instant inter-connectedness, is a wonder to behold.

A couple weeks ago I heard, via Twitter, from a pale Scotsman named Kieran McCrorie. I have so many incoming confusions I don't remember what it was Kieran tweeted at me. I know it somehow had something to do with his Quiver invention. That being a hiker's/biker's water bottle that somehow stays cool and is manufactured in Santa Barbara, California.

I learned about Santa Barbara being where Quiver is made after Kieran tweeted a question along the lines of wondering what there was to do in Santa Barbara. I think I suggested taking a day trip to Hollywood and Disneyland. I was assuming Kieran had not been to this part of America before.

I was wrong. Kieran tweeted to my tweet, I don't know if this is a re-tweet, or goes by some other tweet name, but Kieran told me that he'd been to the Los Angeles things to do, had run Las Vegas ragged. And had gone to the Grand Canyon. Spending a small fortune in the process.

What Kieran did not tell me was that he'd been on the Grand Canyon Skywalk, that being a new attraction built by the Hualapai Indian tribe. You walk out on a horseshoe shaped piece of glass, cantilevered out over the Grand Canyon, with about 4,000 feet of air between you, the glass and the canyon floor.

So, this morning, for purely selfish reasons, I twittered or tweeted, yet again, about the Grand Canyon Skywalk. With a link to my blogging about that subject.


Kieran read that tweet, which said "The Hualapai Indian tribe's Grand Canyon Skywalk loses favor with me due to not allowing visitor's cameras: http://bit.ly/CobTs."

(Note the little bit.ly link above. That is something you use with Twitter. Bit.ly shrinks down long URLs so that they don't use up too many of your allotted 140 Twitter characters)

Kieran then tweeted or re-tweeted, back at me, with a photo of himself, saying, "Far too expensive, but I wouldn't have caught this with my camera. Totally agree on skywalk. Everything seemed to cost, including the photos - but it ended up being worth it."

Kieran is referencing the photo of himself on the Grand Canyon Skywalk in the photo above, which happens to be, in my opinion, the best picture I have seen yet of that particular attraction.

Anyone reading this in Santa Barbara, Kieran will soon be in your zone and in need of entertainment.

No comments: